Saturday, May 30, 2015

Just Don't Call it Cardio! ...Plus a New Exercise



Active Recovery?  Love it.  Resistance Conditioning?  Bring it on.

...Cardio?


...Maybe just a little?


...no, but seriously - If you aren't training for a sport, and you don't have a weight attached to you somehow - whether in your hand(s), on your back, or strapped to you in some way - and you're doing cardio, you're doing it wrong.

This week was the first time - that I can remember - that I got all three heavy lifting days in before Saturday, so I could do my conditioning/active recover day!  AND. IT. WAS. A. BLAST!!

We did two sets of Sled Push and Pulls; two sets of Farmer Walks, and three sets of a new exercise: the Overhead Carry (OHC).


5.30.15

I put a 45# plate on the Sled, pushed it 90', clipped a 100' rope to the Sled, jogged back to the beginning, and pulled it hand-over-hand back to the starting point.
I added a 25# plate and did it again.
I did 2 sets of 180' Farmer Walks with 100# in each hand (this felt easier than last week - we will be going up in weight next Saturday).
Then, I took a 95# bar, Muscle Snatched it from a hang, and walked 90'.  Then I lowered it to a hang again, turned around, Muscle Snatched it again, and walked back.
I repeated with 115#, and then performed a third set with 125#.

I feel great, and I am totally stoked to do it again next week.  We'll probably add a third set of Sled.

Pushing the sled did not feel awesome on my wrist.  I used my wrist wraps for OHC, and felt only slight discomfort.  There was also some complaining coming from my left elbow.



No comments:

Post a Comment