Saturday, May 23, 2015

Baby Cobra

I missed yesterday, so I did High Pulls & Farmer Walks today.  My Traps feel like gelatin - really painful gelatin.  Growing a cobra hood is going to be hard work... haha - as if the rest of this isn't, right?



It was a long workout - too long - since we crammed all of Friday's and some of Saturday's workout on the same day.  I used some pre-workout powder - I haven't done that in a long time - and the beta-alanine made my skin hot and tingly, which was exceedingly unpleasant.

Because of my elbow tendinitis, I used the Safety Squat bar today.  The high-bar type posture and the heavier, more awkward bar made squats a bear.  I was trying to be a hero by pretending the bar weighed the same as a standard 45lb bar, and got to "285" (really 300) and did a double which almost killed me (my planned OWU was 295x1).  I played the same game with the work-sets, (but only did 2, skipping the third) and the 10 rep set. I'll move the OWU and 10 repper up 5lbs for next workout, but I'll keep the work set the same since I didn't do three sets today.

Press went swimmingly, but my elbow started complaining by set 5.  Chins reset to BW+0, and that also went swimmingly.  I added in a couple sets of curls for good bicep measure.

We did 3x3@135 for High-pulls, which felt fine.  I need to start dropping the weight rather than catching it because it hurts my shoulders and aggravates my elbow.

Farmer Walks went much better than last time - I only had to stop on the way back on trip three.


5.23.15

Safety Squat 2x300; 2x5@275; 10x210
Press 132.5x5,5,5,5,6
Chins BW+0#x5,5,6
Curls
High Pulls 3x3@135
Farmer Walks 3x200' w/100# ea. hand

No comments:

Post a Comment