Monday, May 25, 2015

I LOATH the Safety Squat Bar.


With my elbow issues, it has become necessary to continue to use the Safety Squat Bar for the foreseeable future.
I may try to go back to a regular bar on Monday, and just push my grip out to the collars, but I am not optimistic that it will be painless.

With how much more difficult it is to keep my upper back tight and my lower back arched or even neutral, and with how much more upright the SS Bar forces me to lift, the squat is MUCH more difficult.  I have never loved the Squat, but now I downright hate it.  I am going to keep doing it because refraining from squatting is NOT an option... but man oh man am I sick of tendinitis's effect on my workouts.

Everything went swimmingly - except maybe Chins.  I got every planned rep, but I am so sick of how slow (or non-existent) my progress is on that exercise.  It shouldn't be as hard as it was today.  I know I am always bloody exhausted by the time I get to chins, but the apparent complete lack of progress is ridiculously and incredibly frustrating.

High Pulls were hard - both because Saturday's workout was insane re: traps, and because I went up ten pounds rather than 5.  We'll probably stay at the same weight for next week.

The elbow feels about as close to painless as can be expected, but my right wrist started having some pain issues during the Bench.  Otherwise, I am pleased with the Bench workout - or, rather, I am as pleased as I can be considering how much strength I have lost over the last year and a half.


5.25.15

Safety Squat 1x300; 3x5@255; 10x215
Bench 2x1@230; 202.5x5,5,7; 10x170
Rows 170x5,5,6
Chins BW+2.5x5,5,5
High Pulls 3x3@145

No comments:

Post a Comment