Monday, May 18, 2015

Positive and Negative



The Good:
I had a great workout. I felt strong, I got most of my planned weights, and have that "post-workout-high" feeling I love so much.
Squats: I got a good strong pause at the bottom of my OWU, knocked out my work-sets, and easily cleaned up with my 10 rep finale.  Press 5x5 felt a bit harder than I expected, but with a workout partner I don't rest between sets as much - sitting around suddenly feels awkward when I am not alone.  I went back down to 10lbs for Chins, but still barely got 3x5.  It is weird (read "irritating") how mercurial my chin-ups are.

I got my workout partner back for the rest of the Summer!  My former co-worker is back from school, and after not having a consistent workout partner for 2½ years, he is back and it feels like we have been working out together the whole time.

I tried a new exercise.  I did some light High Pulls to see how I like 'em.  Still too soon to tell, but if all the hype is even somewhat accurate, I am going to like how these beef up my yoke and shoulders.  I started with snatch grip, but that irritated my elbow so I narrowed to clean grip.  It was too light to really get a pump, but I am taking it slowly with the new exercise.  I don't really need it, I am just being vain, wanting to get a yoke going, so there is no real reason to push it faster than I am.  I'll add some more weight next week.  I'll probably just do them on Mondays.



The Bad:
In injured my wrist.  Last night, it just started hurting.  I don't remember what I did, but it hurts a lot.  I was afraid it'd hold me back from completing my workout, but I wasn't going to punk out on my first workout with a partner in forever, so I sucked it up.  Luckily, it didn't affect my performance to any really noticeable degree, but it still hurts a lot.

Left elbow Tendinitis is back!  It hurts, and I can tell it will only get worse if I don't get ahead of it.  It didn't hold me back today, but it seems like I am going to have to break out the safety squat bar, and/or move my hand position back out to the plates, and/or start joint flossing again.  I hate this crap!!


5.18.15

Squats 1x290; 3x5@245; 10x185
Press 130x5,5,5,5,6
Chins BW+10#x5,5,5
Curls
High Pulls 3x45, 75, 95, 115

No comments:

Post a Comment