Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Feeling Strong



I felt great today.  I took my time, and enjoyed my workout.  I felt too tired to workout last night, which is a weak excuse, but I really am concerned about how my form breaks down when I am tired, and I decided that an extra day's rest was better than adjusting the weight to match my level of weariness.  I am glad I did because today's workout was AMAZING!

I wanted to get a video of my squat depth because I was off for so long that I forgot what correct depth "felt" like, so I wasn't sure if I was hitting it.  I always buried my squats (not quite ATG) so I don't know what I was worried about, but I needed the reassurance/confirmation anyway.


Since I had the camera out, I thought "why not film something worth filming?" and decided on a really "heavy" (at least for me right now) single. I chose 315 as a good high point, and went for it.
I neglected to film my first work-set at 235, but I got the next two.  I did not film my final set.

Bench felt pretty good.  Rows felt fine, but I feel like I am not doing them strictly enough - too much hip and back movement - so next session of Rows will be a substantial reset to work on form.

I put 20lbs on my dip belt and did chin-ups.  My plan is to go for 3x5, and if I fail (which I did, today), to finish the 15 reps in as many sets as it takes, then lower the weight until I can hit 25 total reps.  If I fail at the 3x15, then I repeat the weight the next chin-up session.



5.12.15

Squat 315x1; 3x5@235; 170x10
Bench 2x1@225; 3x5@195; 155x10
Rows 3x5@210
Chins BW+20#x5,4,4,1,1; BW+10#x4,3; BWx5

I also added some COG work at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment