Saturday, June 9, 2012

1st PL Meet

This is a post from my old blog.  It is a several weeks old, but I thought it was applicable, so I am including it here since I am dismantling my old blog:

I have decided to enter some powerlifting meets while I am in MN for the summer.  My first one ever was last weekend (Twin Ports Raw Open - Saturday, May 12, 2012 @ The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN) and it was a blast!!



Squat: 1st attempt of 145kg went up easily. 2nd of 155kg also was a breeze, but I forgot to wait for the "Rack" command, so I got red-lighted. I was going to try for 165 for my 3rd, but since I got a little flustered by the failed 2nd, I decided to just try for 157.5kg for my 3rd, which I got. It was still a 2lb PR.
Bench: 1st attempt of 100kg was simple. Since trying PL Form on bench, I have been keeping my "pinky" finger inside the 81cm, but I found out at the meet that it is the index finger, so I got almost a full hand width extra on each side!! 105kg went up so easily on my 2nd that the head judge laughed at me... haha! 3rd attempt made me feel like I should have tried for more: 115kg.
DL: 1st 185kg; 2nd, 195kg; 3rd, 205kg (+22lb PR!). On the 3rd attempt, the head judge said "Wait--you haven't worn a belt all meet... how do you do that?"

Meet total: 1057.7 lbs

Everyone was so nice, helpful, and encouraging--and not just because I was clearly not a threat, haha! It was a great experience.

Event Site: USAPL-TPRO

The Vid is 3rd Attempts only.

No comments:

Post a Comment