Friday, June 22, 2012

SM--Day 7: Deadlifts for TWENTY (TWO)!!

The dreaded 20 rep Deadlifts!!

From the best thread on Starting Strength:

DL 20s became DL 22, and I could have done a couple more, I am sure. Why didn't I? Because deadlifts for 22 reps sucked bloated, infected monkey testes--that's why! 292.5 went up 13ish times before I became uncertain whether I had lost count or not. So, I went until I thought I was at twenty, and did 2 more for good measure. Turns out, I didn't lose count. No oxygen to the brain plays funny tricks on one's self.


Video forthcoming--I didn't have my camera, so I used my phone and my msd card reader is busted, PC doesn't have btooth, don't have a smart phone to email it, and the file is too big to text to myself.


DLs were followed by Hatch LB squats: 10x225, 8x245, 6x265, 4x285. These sucked. Rounded the workout off with 3x8 BW Pull-ups. BW=240, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment