Thursday, June 14, 2012

SM Day 2--Presses for 12

Excerpt from the best thread on StartingStrength.com:

"12 Set Presses were awesome. Programming dictated 120, 105, 90. When I got there, a person (who was using the rack) who knows I usually go straight for the rack said "I'll be done in a minute." I laughed and told him I was on a new program and was not squatting today. I got to telling him about it, and he choked when I told him about the 20 rep sets. We chatted about it a moment, and then I got to warming up for the 12s... but at this point, all the conversation about 20s got into my head. By the time I warmed up to 120... I had it in my mind that I was doing a 20. I got to 14 and started cursing f4's formula for making me do 20s at this weight. I gave up, not getting the 14th all the way up, and realized--I was on 12s!! HAHA!! Stupid mistake, but it was a great feeling knowing I hit 14.
I got 12 exactly on 105, but felt [so] good when about to do 90 that I went up 5 lbs and did 16@95. Good day."

Other lifts today:
BB Shrugs 285x5, 8
BW Dips 12, 12, 11

It was a short day, but I did skip Core and Bike.  Also, since I am now on a four day split rather than a three, some days will feel shorter anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment