Thursday, October 31, 2013

High Bar Experiment


Thanks to a tip from an E-Friend, I decided to do something I haven't done in like 2 years: High Bar Back Squat.  The intention right now is to see if alternating between Low Bar and High Bar will help my elbow recover enough to be able to still Squat every workout.  If it doesn't work, I'll go to alternating LBBS and Front Squat.  If that doesn't work, I'll switch to HBBS full time, and finally if that fails, I'll alternate HBBS and Front.  Hopefully it doesn't get that far, because I don't know what the next step would be and don't want to think about it.  But, so far so good.  Too early to tell, really, since I went pretty light on HBBS so that I could focus on form and not falling over considering how long it has been since I have done HB.  My traps hurt a little since they are no longer used to it.  Almost no elbow pain, even through the Bench.  I feel it a tiny bit as I am typing now, but nothing really noteworthy.

Bench was alright.  OWU was a grinder on rep 2.  I decided to opt for 3x6 rather than 3x7 since I was tired and OWU was so hard.  I barely got rep 6 up for both sets 1 and 2, but I got 7 on set 3.  Go figure?!

Deadlift was a bit disappointing.  I had to rest 30 seconds between reps 3 and 4, and 4 and 5.  I ended up going for the big double anyway, but also rested 30 seconds between.  Got 'em all, but with all the rest, I am not sure I should go up next workout.  I was pretty tired, but I don't know how much of a role that played.


10.30.13

FBBS 5x225, 235, 245
Bench 2x252.5; 217.5x6,6,7
DL 405x3, 30 sec, 1, 30 sec, 1; 425x1, 30 sec, 1



No comments:

Post a Comment