Saturday, October 26, 2013

More Pain



While my elbow didn't pop out, Hungarian style, it sure hurt a lot.  Maybe putting Squats back in for ALL workouts was a bit premature.  Maybe I'll try Front Squats on DL days from now on?  Who knows?  I did a quick flossing on both my elbow and knee before my workout, and my knee still feels great, but 3x5@315 on the squat really did my elbow in, and it really affected me on Press.  I only got 2 on the OWU and only did one set for 4 before calling it a day.  No Chins or Rows.

Now that I am flossing, my elbow is continuing to not feel the persistent throbbing pain for hours after my workout like it used to--and considering just how much it hurt today, I am EXTREMELY relieved that this is the case.  I do feel some discomfort, but normally, pre-VooDoo Floss, the amount of pain I felt during my session meant hours if not days of pain.  Not so anymore!

...Did I mention I got 3x5@315 on Squat??  I am not sure if I have ever done that before.  I can't remember, and am sure not going to look right now.  I know I have done 3x3, but I don't know about 3x5.  It felt really heavy, and set two felt ugly, too.  But, all in all, I am pleased.  


10.26.13

Squat 3x5@315
Press 2x187.5; 4x167.5


Today was another quick workout with major time constraints.  Also, I didn't sleep well last night.  Hopefully I can blame my lame Press on pain, fatigue and weariness.  I don't want to deload AGAIN on Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment