Sunday, October 6, 2013

DL Singles--For Fun




Great day.  Even with a less than stellar bench performance, the Squat and Deadlift felt so great, it has left me on a high all day long.  I felt really strong until my last rep of Squat, where form just feel apart.  And with DL, I finished my work-set and followed it up with a 405# single--FOR FUN!  Good day, indeed.

I don't know how much my darling wife's early birthday present (a 60 minute deep tissue massage the day before) had anything to do with it, but I felt great the whole workout.  Thanks baby!!


10.5.13

Squat 3x5@290
Bench 2x242.5; 212.5x8,7,6
DL 5x385; 1x405


Depending on how I feel, I may throw them out from time to time, but I am going to start programming in heavy singles after my DL work-set from now on.  I am excited about it.

I will squat (assuming I hit 3 every week) 36 more times this year.  I am increasing by 5s right now, but even if I only average 2.5# for the rest of the year, I could be doing 3x5@380 by the end of the year!!  (This is my all time 1RM PR, for perspective.)  Crazy!  That COULD put my Squat 1RM at over 450 lbs!  I think I am getting WAY ahead of myself, but it is nice to think about.  I doubt my remaining linear progress will take me that far, but it is nice to dream.  I will need those extra 50 pounds because I don't think my DL will be even close to making it to 500, so if I am going to make my 1200 PL Total goal, Squat will have to make up the difference.  Bench will be a close call on 300, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment