Saturday, October 19, 2013

Speedy Workout



Well, I was sick of having too little time to workout, and needing to cut things out to accommodate, so I thought I would try to just bust through it with less rest and by doing warm-ups in between work-sets.  I have done these things before to one extent or another, but I usually am also cutting certain things out.  This time, I did not miss a single planned set, and did what usually is a 90-120 min workout in 70 minutes.  I am still exhausted from it all.

I did end up cutting my Press work-sets down to sets of 5, but that was all the real cutting I ended up doing.
Squat felt great, but since I use the same cage for Press, I warmed up with dumbbells for the Press in between squat sets.

Press I finally got 185x3.  It is a good thing I lowered my work-sets to 5s because sets 2 and 3 barely got 5 I was so wiped from going at the pace I was.

I pushed Chins, Curls and Rows all together, and by the last set of Rows, my arms were Jell-O®.

It was satisfying to get it all done, but I will probably regret making it public that I can do this long workout in under 90 minutes--my wife subscribes to my blog.  HAHA!


10.18.13

Squat 3x5x305
Press 3x185; 3x5@165
Chins BWx10; +15x5,4
Rows 3x6@200


Chins are not advancing very quickly.  It is kind of disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment