Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blast (of cold) From the Past


Today's workout had the toughest Squat session I have had in a long time--certainly in well over a year, even.  For a long time now, when I have a rep that makes me doubt my ability to hit the next one, I have just racked it.  Today, rep 4 on every set made me feel that way, and for the first time in who knows how long, I have gone for it anyway.  I got all three sets of five, and just about wanted to die afterward.  I did it though!  It seriously makes me doubt I'll be able to continue 5lb jumps for much longer, however.
Set one was really hard.  Set two, I practically "Good Morning'd" the last rep.  Set three was absolute hell!  Silver lining: practically imperceptible elbow pain!  Swapping HB and LB with joint flossing may be doing the trick??

Press was a good workout.  Rep three of the OWU was a grinder, and I think I must've leaned back more than usual because my abs on the left side hurt after the set.  A little elbow complaint on set one, but after that, nothing of note.

Chins and Rows were business as usual.


11.2.13

Squat 3x5@320
Press 3x187.5; 167.5x5,5,5, 30 sec, 1
Chins BWx7,7,7
Rows 3x5@202.5

After the Squat workout from Hades, my wife's and my schedule necessitated one of us ride a bike home from work.  I didn't want her riding in the cold and dark, so I volunteered.  (I work farther away and later into the following morning.  You can say I am an amazing Husband--I won't correct you.)  I've done lots of biking in my day--even a Century a few years back, so it made sense.  Also, I thought it might be nice to see where I stand compared to years ago.   It was only 6ish miles at 2 A.M. (1 A.M. if you count the time change) in 33°F weather--but that was more than I have done in years--AND after a pretty difficult Squat session.  My elbow has finally decided to complain, my quads are wobbly and tight, and I can tell I'll be sore.  But I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It made me miss biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment