Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Uplifting Presses



Well, actually, the third set was de"pressing," not up"lifting."  I got one less rep at this weight than the last time I did 160# on press.  But, I got 182.5x3, which was pretty awesome.  It was a grinder, and probably wasted me for set three, but I am still on pace for 200 for a double or even triple by the end of the first week of November!

Squat felt pretty great, with still some form issues with lower back tightness.  I should really stop adding weight until I get it straightened out, but I am having too much fun.  Oh well.  I'll regret it later, but I never learn my lessons--why start now?

Chins/Curls/Rows easy as usual.  I find it difficult to care about these after heavy squats and presses.  They are progressing, so I am okay with them not being a big deal and not pushing them harder.

Elbow pain was rearing its ugly head, again.  Oh goodie!


10.7.13

Squat 3x5@295
Press 182.5x3; 160x7,7,5
Chins BWx6,6,6
Rows 3x6@197.5


Next workout I will be back to 300# on squats.  I am pleased with the results of this last deload.  Everything is moving swimmingly.  It appears that my DLing every 4th workout was too much time off, and my crazy sets for 12 weren't doing me any favors.  The old SS stand-by is helping me along with all three (four) core lifts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment