Thursday, November 7, 2013

THIS IS DEADLIFTING!


Had an amazing workout.  Had someone ask to work in on Squats.  I wanted to go Leonidas on him, but since there isn't an insanely wide and deep well next to the squat rack, I spared him and let him join me.  He ended up doing weights pretty close to my plan so I went with his weights, which ended up being 235, 255(+10), 275(+10).  Still feels a bit weird to be doing HBBS, but not nearly as much as I thought it might.  I am a touch worried about form once it really starts to get heavy.

Bench OWU hurt my left elbow and right shoulder, and was quite the grinder.  My work sets were peachy--even getting 7(+1) on set three.

DL was AMAZING!  Warm-up felt easy.  I got all 5 reps of the work-set (form broke down a touch on rep 5, but it was a huge improvement over last week) and I got the heavy double with relative ease!


11.6.13

HBBS 5x235, 255, 275
Bench 2x255; 220x6,6,7
DL 410x5; 430x2


[sigh] this wrap-up rah-rah paragraph is probably getting repetitive for anyone who ever reads this, but it is therapeutic for me, sorry.  Bench is barely on track for 300 for the year, DL is only slightly worse off with for a 500.  Squat, though clearly slowing down, is the surprising favorite for a 400.  We shall see.  If I keep doing these 2 workouts a week like the last few weeks, I'll never make any of them.  Three has just been too dang hard to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment