Thursday, November 14, 2013

Just... ugh

Well, early morning workouts are better than no workout, right?  Ugh, maybe.  Squats weren't too bad, but Press was just miserable and I skipped Rows due to time constraints.



I was just exhausted--and surprised myself that I was even able to drag myself out of bed... barely.  Squats were tough--and I knew after rep 4 of set three I was just done.  I didn't have any more in me, so I racked it.  I had been practically doing Good Mornings on every rep and my lower back was so fatigued I didn't have any business even trying to get the final rep.

Because of all the GM'd reps, I will deload to 315.  2 failed LB days in a row, due to fatigue of one part of the form or another, call for it, I think.  If I run into this again, I will consider micro-loading.  I know I am so close to my goal of 405 by Jan 1st, but I don't want to be FORCED to deload because I injure myself.  I must be patient.  If it takes a few extra weeks to hit 405, but my form is good, I'll be happy.

By the time I tried my OWU on Press, there was precious little gas left in the tank (I had taken a pre-workout AND an extra strength 5-Hour Energy, and was still barely this side of zombie-status) and I only got 2 reps.  Then I did the first work-set of 5, and was just done.  For the sake of not giving up (any more than I already had) I tried set 2, but only got 2 pitiful reps in.  I will repeat the OWU until I get three, and I will deload to 170 for my next work-sets.

I did 3x8@BW on Chins and called it a day.

I weight in at 237 today.


11.14.13

LBBS 330x5,5,4
Press 192.5x2; 172.5x5,2
Chins BWx8,8,8



No comments:

Post a Comment