Tuesday, November 12, 2013

DL Single PR


HBBS felt good.  Bench felt REALLY strong.  But DEADLIFT WAS AMAZING!!

The whole time I was warming up, I was debating between a post work-set heavy double (my normal routine) or a crazy PR single attempt.  This whole time I have been balancing between "Stay safe and healthy" and "Get back to where I left off at all costs!!"  I decided to just stick with my plan and do the heavy double... UNTIL I KILLED MY WORK-SET!  415x5 FLEW off the floor like someone turned down the gravity in the gym!  So, I added 2.5# to my all time 1RM PR, and pulled it--and it was EASY!


I tell you, the temptation to add more and go again was IMMENSE!  But, I restrained myself.


11.12.13

HBBS 5x255, 270, 280
Bench 2x257.5; 222.5x6,6,7
DL 415x5; 457.5x1


I am just oozing excitement right now.  After all this time scraping to get back to where I was a year ago, I have now got my Press AND my DL STRONGER than pre-hiatus strength levels!  I know Bench and Squat are just about there, but I don't want to test them yet--I'll wait until the end of the year.  I really shouldn't have gone for it on DL today, but my training A.D.D. just kicked in too powerfully to overcome.

I should mention that switching between LB and HB, with joint flossing, still seems to be doing the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment