Sunday, August 25, 2013

200 Pound Press 1RM PR!!

Well, I have finally done it!  I think I have had it in me for a couple of weeks now, but I didn't mind taking my time.  I didn't have time to do much else--I went through the motions of a Squat warm-up, but didn't go very far.  Then I nailed the 200x1 1RM PR on the Press, followed up by a 160x7,6,6.  The third set was really 5 with 20 seconds rest and a follow-up single.





8.24.13

Press 200x1; 160x7,6,6


Now I have to decide what my next goal is.  2 wheels (225#) is very doable by the end of the year, but it still may stretch me.  But more of a challenge will be a body-weight press.  Currently I weigh in at 230--but that is certain to go up before December 31st.  I think I will make it official: New year end goal for Press is a body-weight Press 1RM.

No comments:

Post a Comment