Monday, September 2, 2013

Massive(ly depressing) Squat Deload

I have been getting a pain in my right tibia and fibula from bouncing my butt off of my legs to get out of the hole, which clearly is bad form and injurious, so I tried to have a more controlled descent with only going a touch below parallel and it proved much MUCH more difficult.  With all my nonsense bouncing, the muscles necessary for a controlled ascent out of the hole are not nearly developed enough for the weights I am using.

I tried 3x5@315 and reps 1-3 of the first set were difficult, but I had decent form.  The fourth rep form broke down, and rep 5 was quite possibly the worst rep I have ever squatted.  So, I went down to 275 and felt über wobbly after 3 reps so I racked it and went down to 225 which was STILL somewhat difficult.  I will be deloading for 3x5@225, and going up 10lbs each workout.  I am hoping that will be enough to build strength deep in the hole.  With that, I am going to split up my DLs and do heavy 3s and middle 12s on different days, rather than the same day, and I will be DLing every other workout to compensate for lighter squats.  Hopefully that won't be too much DLing.

On Bench I failed my OWU @ 270x1.  Worksets were 7, a grinding 7, and then a disappointing 5.

DL was a monster with 400x3 and 350x12 (with rests of 20 seconds dispersed throughout).


9.2.13

Squat 315x5; 275x3; 225x5.
Bench 245x2; 270x0; 220x7,7,5.
DL 405x2, 20 sec. rest, 1; 350x6, 20s, 3, 20s, 3.


I worked a 12 hour shift and got inadequate sleep beforehand, but excuses don't make me feel better... I took way too long between workouts and I am just beat-up after today.  Work has been working me hard, and I am back in school.  I don't know how I am going to keep it up in the gym and be a good father/husband with all of this going on.  I guess I will just never sleep... I wish my gym was 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment