Friday, August 23, 2013

No Excuses

I have had some pretty nasty wounds (self inflicted in a near psychotic, practically deranged attempt at ridding myself of some warts) on my hands but that did not stop me from deadlifting like a champ!
"Deadlifting?" you ask?  "Isn't today Bench Day?" you inquire?  Yes.  I have switched things up... AGAIN.

Leg Pressing on one day, and Squatting AND Deadlifting on another seemed to be incongruent.  So, DLs accompany Leg Presses now.  This, I believe, will even out attention paid to the Posterior Chain.  Likewise, Rows and Chins have been moved to Press days; Dips are on hold indefinitely (don't wanna give the elbow and shoulder tendinitis an excuse to come back), and Shrugs will move to alternating Bench days with the DL.

Leg Press went smoothly, but was difficult.  Bench was slightly disappointing--I got my OWU, but only got 7,5,6 on the work sets.  I felt very tired--but decided to do DLs anyway.  I got all planned reps (with some protracted rests between reps 6 and 7, 8 and 9, and 10 and 11).  395x3 felt easier than 390x3, though.  That was nice.  I was wiped for a couple of hours afterwards, though.  My workout really kicked my butt today.


8.22.13

Leg Press 2x10@425; 15x360
Bench 1x267.5; 217.5x7,5,6
DL 3x395; 12x345


At this rate, I will tie my all time Bench PR 1RM at 275 by the end of the first week of September!!  I could be breaking the 300 barrier by the end of October!!!  315 by Dec 31st is a real possibility!!!!  At this rate (which I admit is not sustainable, but a guy can dream!) 315 will be low-balling it!!!!!  Exciting times!

I will be starting an EMT class this coming Monday, so I don't know how much that will interrupt my workouts, but if I can DL with a hand that looks like THIS:


Then there should be NO excuses if I don't make it in to the gym to at least do the main lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment