Sunday, August 11, 2013

Leg Press Not So Bad??

Paradigms may be shifting, but I reserve final judgement for when I get back to squatting and see how much, if at all, my squat has improved, suffered, or stagnated.  But initial thoughts are that Leg Press isn't so bad.  Of course, I already knew that since I was doing the Leg Press back when my elbow went bad on me last time.  I had very significant improvement from my first Leg Press workout to my second.

Bench went swimmingly.  I tried warming up with the cambered bar to increase range of motion--the theory being if my bottom is lower, then it will eliminate, or at least significantly mitigate, low sticking points.  I could really feel a difference at 185 (it was much harder), and 225 for 2 was surprisingly difficult.  I went back to a straight bar for 245x2 and for the OWU at 262.5.  262.5 went up like a dream, keeping the hope alive for 3 wheels before January 1st.  My third work set felt easier than my third set from my last Bench session.

Chins weren't awful, and Rows were fine.  Nothing really noteworthy there.


8.10.13

Leg Press 2x8@408; 15x335
Bench 1x262.5; 3x7@212.5
Chins 10@BW; 2x5@+20#
Rows 2x5@185; 6x190


I will be trying to squat on Tuesday before DLs and Presses.  I am going to try 3x3@330.  I missed 3x3@340 with the cambered bar on 8/1, so we'll see if this is too ambitious... but I am thinking it won't be a problem.  Whether or not my elbow cooperates is totally another story, and it could go either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment