Saturday, August 17, 2013

Punny Workout

Didn't have a lot of time--the daycare was closing sooner than I'd have liked--so my Press work-sets suffered from inadequate rest, but I am okay with it.  My OWU and first set exceeded the last time I tried these weights (the OWU was easier than last time, and the 1st work-set was 1 more rep than last time), so I count it as a win.  Being "pressed" for time sucks.

Squats were awfully disappointing.  340x1 was a grinder, so 3x3 at that weight was out of the question.  went down to 315 to just get it out of the way, and it was fairly easy, although there was some form breakdown on at least one rep of all three sets.  I was just not concentrating.  Boo on me.


8.17.13

Squats 340x1; 315x3,3,3
Press 175x4; 160x7,5,3


175x4 is what I did last time, but it went up easier and faster than last time.  160x3 is clearly a step down, but 160x7 was a step up, and sets 2 and 3 were done hastily, and without sufficient rest.  I will stay at 160 for next time just on principle (and because I am really curious to see if I can squeak out a 3x7, or at least a 7,6,6 like usual), but I count today's press session as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment