Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sumo Sucks, too.

I tried Sumo DLs and didn't like them one bit.  I was under the impression that I would be able to lift more with Sumo--I was misled.  That aside, I could only do 365 for one.  385 didn't budge.  I skipped Squats due to time constraints AND fear that my elbow, in reality, was not quite ready.  I haven't decided if I'll stick with Sumo or just do light conventional DLs opposite regular DL days--but hopefully my elbow will allow me to squat soon so the question will be moot.

I only did Presses after that, which were exciting and depressing at the same time.  I got 175x4, which was pretty satisfying (Force Factor computes this as a 195 1RM, which we already knew--I use the Bench to calculate it since, of the offered exercises, it is most like the Press), but then I only got 6,5,5 on my work sets.  Now, I forgot my 1.25# micro-loading plates, so I had to do 160, but I got 3x4@162.5 back in MAY!  With this deload, I should have improved more, don't you think?  Perhaps the 175x4 kinda took something away from the work sets (around the same time I was doing 3x4@162.5, I was also only able to do 180x1--but just did 175x4, so I suppose there IS that), but I am still incredulous.  I will go back down to 157.5 next workout (and try for 197.5 1RM PR) just to do it and see if I can get 7.  Then, hopefully, my NEXT attempt at 160 will be more gratifying and up to par with expectations.

No matter how I cut it, my Bench and Press are entering exciting territory.  I should try to remain positive about days like this.  I can't stop feeling like I want more all the time, but clearly my body is telling me to be more patient.


8.8.13

Sumo DL 1x365; 0x385
Press 175x4; 160x6,5,5



No comments:

Post a Comment