Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Accessories Step Back

Haven't been consistent at ALL with my accessory work for quite a while now, and I really noticed the effects today.  Chins and Rows need a deload since I haven't worked them well for some time.  I wasn't able to complete a real set at the original planned weights.

Squats and Bench both felt a touch heavier than expected--I may not be warming up sufficiently well.  If that is true, I am screwed, because I already take way too long in the gym.  I got all my work sets just fine, but they were more of a grind than I'd hoped.


7.17.13

Squats 3x295; 2x10x260
Bench 1x255; 205x7,7,9
Chins BWx10; +35x4,3
Rows 3x5x185

My 2x10 Squats have finally moved up to what I foolishly thought I COULD do when I first started the new program on June 3rd.

I had originally planned on testing my 1RM on Bench when my OWU passed my last 1RM test (which it will on my next bench day) but I think I am content to just continue with my OWU as is and let my 1RM continue to grow in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment