Friday, July 26, 2013

The Press is Officially BACK!




Well, I finally tied my all time 1RM PR in the Press @ 190#!!  It went up much easier than last time (which was in Feb of 2012!)

My elbow tendinitis wasn't very bad (it was worse when I helped my sister-in-law move some furniture), but I had also put lots of Blue Heat and Equi-Block on it over the last 18 hours (and had 600mg IB and 440mg of Aleve in my bloodstream).  Squats went well.  Warm-up felt great (I love working out on my day off!) but the first set was a bit heavy with some major form wonkiness.  Second set went better with form issues on only the last rep.  Third set was about the same.

Skipped Dips and Sumo DLs, but did my Shrugs... (oh yeah, by the way, did I mention that I decided to add light sumo DLs on Shrug days as assistance?)


7.25.13

Squats 3x3x335
Press 175x3; 190x1; 152.5x7,6,6
Shrugs 10x135,225; 315x5; [added wrist straps] 365x10

So stoked that I could hit (tie) a Press PR in the midst of elbow pain!  PRs for the other lifts should be around the corner (with maybe an exception for DL.  I am purposely taking that one nice and easy).  If I average 2.5 lbs/week for the rest of the year, I will add 55 more pounds to that total!  (I have the potential to get 7.5 every 2 weeks, but even 2.5/week is going to be hard to maintain.) I could hit a 1RM of 245 pounds by the end of the year!  That is probably pretty ambitious, but cool to think about.

If I add 55 to my Bench, I'll be just 2.5 pounds short of 3 wheels!  Less ambitious is to add just the 55 to my Squat and DL*, which would put me at 3x390 (which would effectively put a 405 1RM in the bag) and 2x435 (which would put me far short of my 500 DL goal for 2013).  This would put my theoretical PL Total at 440/312.5/460:  1212.5!!  So, even though I will most likely not get 500 DL, a 1200 total is possible!  I will have to remain consistent and injury free [knock on wood] (and add a pinch of luck) but this is exciting to see it as a real possibility!




*Blogger's note: Current programming dictates that I only DL heavy and conventional once every 4th workout so 55 pounds is more unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment