Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ugh

Had a half hour before I needed to shower and get ready for work... so I did Squats and Bench concurrently and skipped everything else.  Yup--no need to re-read that.  I said "CONCURRENTLY!"  I would do a warm-up set of one, then go do a warm-up of the other... and kept going until I was doing work-sets of each.  And, since on Bench days I am doing squat 10s, Bench suffers.  I think I need to deload more because I BARELY got my 3x6 on this deload.  OWU was only 7.5# short of my last 1RM test.

I was exhausted and sweating like nuts for the rest of the day.  Squats 10s are really starting to hurt as the weight increases... but they hurt so good, you know?  My first attempt at a set of 10 was at 260, when I first started this new program, and I only got 5.  260 is now only 1 week away if my progress stays constant!


6.22.13

Squats 3x280; 2x10@245
Bench 1x247.5; 3x6@215

I am going to deload further to 200 lbs. on Bench.  As long as my OWU keeps going up, my ego will be able to absorb the big deload--a la Presses right now.  Combined with micro-loading and heavy OWUs, I am hoping a drastic deload of this magnitude will really kick-start some good progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment