Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 3 = AWESOME!

What a GREAT day!  Finished week one off strongly and solidly.  It could be that I low balled Squats and DLs a bit, but even so, I killed it on Bench and I feel really good physically--and considering I injured myself last week, that is saying something.  And I REALLY enjoyed squatting three times in a week again!

Light OWUx3 felt easy on squats.  The first set of 10@230 felt lighter than 10@225 on Monday.  I planned on trying for 12 on set two, but I forgot and racked it after 10 without even thinking.  Oops!

OWU on Bench felt like I could've done 2 or 3 easily.  The first set of 5@220 made me a bit nervous--but I guess I was still just not all the way warmed up as sets 2 and 3 were easier.

Pull-ups suck.  They just do.  They really hurt my shoulders, so I am switching 'C' Days to have chins as well as 'A' days... just without added weight.

First set of Rows felt heavy, but I think it was just another case of poor warm-up because the rest went just fine.


6.7.13

Squat 3x265; 230x10,10
Bench 1x235; 220x5,5,6
Pull-ups 1x9
Chins 9,8
Rows 190x5,5,8


All in all, I like my new programming thus far.  It'll take a month or two to really see if I am getting anywhere.  But I it bears repeating:  Squatting three times a week again feels AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment