Thursday, June 13, 2013

Week 2, Day 2

Squats felt a bit heavier than I had expected.  For the first time in a while I didn't have a '+' on my last set of Bench--I just got the three sets of five.  The sixth rep on set three felt good coming down, but I just hit a wall on the way back up.  I was not surprised, though... the first set felt particularly heavy.  My first stall on Bench is probably not too far down the road, so I will have those micro-loading plates ready to go soon.
I seriously considered going for a double on my OWU, but I didn't have a spotter and didn't want to take away from my work-sets.  Probably for the best considering how hard the work-sets ended up being.
For the record, I just did a 3x5 at the same weight I tested as my 1RM on April 1st!!

I started a cycle of C4 pre-workout today... we'll see if it has an effect.  I couldn't really tell today.

Rows are still going strong, so I am upping my sets to 6+ rather than 5+.  I'll be rowing 200 on Tuesday!

All in all, I am glad that my shoulders, elbows, and lower back seem to be holding up relatively well.  Sleep and nutrition continue to be problematic.


6.13.13

Squat 3x270; 2x10@235
Bench 1x240; 225x5,5,5
Chins BWx10; +30x5,5
Rows 195x5,5,8

The family is having a reunion in SoCal the first week in July, so I have been tempted to switch to a higher rep scheme, and actually DOING the HIIT I keep putting in my program so I am not a completely disgustingly fat cow when we go to the beach.... but with all the good stuff going on, I am hesitant to mess it up.  I want to keep getting stronger--to heck with fat loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment