Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Press Day -- 5.8.13

This was my second attempt at 3x5@160 on the Press, and it was my second failure, although I did improve over the last time (which includes doing OWU on the Press this time).  Last time I got 4, 4, and 3 reps--this time I got 5, 4, and 4.  It looks like I am pretty much back to where I was before the hiatus, at least on the Press--but not back to my all time highest strength in the Press.  Looks like Microloading is in order; I'll try 157.5 next time.

Dips were impressively stronger than they have been in a long time, especially after doing what I did on Press--however Push-ups clearly suffered as a result, which I don't really care about.

All in all, 'twas a pretty good day.  We drove to a parking lot and pushed the car around in lieu of a sled--it is a VW Golf, so it is pretty light... for a car.


5.8.13

Press OWU 170x1
Press 160x5,4,4; 135x8
Dips BWx10; +15#x10; +25#x7
Push-ups 20, 20
"Sled"


No comments:

Post a Comment