Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pre-Workout Blues

I am cycling off my pre-workout to give my kidneys (and my wallet) a break.  When I got to my Bench OWU I thought "oh crap, this is heavier than it should be."  I was certain that no pre-workout (and insufficient sleep--the guys who set me up with a CPAP left out an essential piece of equipment, and I can't get in touch with them until after the holiday weekend--and a worthless breakfast) was going to do me in for the work sets.  I was wrong, but I did tire out more quickly later in the session.

I ended up killing the work sets, with the exception of my "move up" set at the end.  Press was a disaster, though--and I didn't even attempt my Farmer Walks.  Ugh.

I am stuck between not wanting to be reliant on supplements, and wanting to have explosively successful days in the gym as often as possible.  We'll see what happens while I am off of them.


5.25.13

Bench OWU 225
Bench 210x5,5,7; 215x4 (I was expecting at least one more)
DB Press 5 w/50s, 60s (this was a grinder, considering I did 6 w/65s last week); 1 w/70s (WHAT??  Only ONE??!)

Bench went up, which is my Saturday focus, so I am pleased.  Tired, but pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment