Monday, April 28, 2014

"Cleaning" Up

Well, it was getting late and I was watching the boys while my wife was at work, so I played with them a bit so I didn't have time to do sled work--it was dark and I am not interested in pissing off the neighbors.  Unfortunately, it has become more important than ever that I do my conditioning.  I just found out that my LDL is at 144 (High is 99, says my doc's nurse).  So, no more McD's burgers for a while.

Squats felt good, I guess.  I felt weak, actually, but I got them all.  I am not sure if I did 6 or 7 on set three because I lost count focusing on form.

Rows were easy.

I did Power Cleans for the first time in a very very long time.  I kept it light.  Felt good.  With the tight quarters in the garage, it may never be safe for me to push cleans very much, but I am glad I can do them pain-free (so far).

Abs were weird.  I felt like I was going to do more than last time easily, and my first set of sit-ups I did 5 more.  Then I went to do toes-to-bars and did half of what I did last time.  I felt weak all of a sudden.

So, adding cleans, focusing on conditioning, and cleaning up my diet will hopefully keep me off Statin AND keep me alive.


4.28.14

Squats 192.5x5; 222.5x5; 250x6
Rows 3x5@207
P.Cleans 3x65, 95, 115, 135, 145
Sit-ups 15, 10
Toes-to-bars 5, 5



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're not planning on dying on us. Keep on cleaning, bro!

    ReplyDelete