Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Banded DLs and Abzzz


With the exception of DLs, I am okay with the low starting weights and slow progression of Wendler's 5/3/1.  But I don't want to start too high on DLs, either.  So, I decided on a compromise: Banded DLs.  I finished bolting my platform to the floor so I could add bands.  I am going small, just adding a little tension at the top with one red band from Rogue on each side.

Abs sucked pretty badly.  I knew I had more fat around my belly than before, but nothing brings it home just how MUCH more like doing sit-ups after not working the abs for a couple of years and having a big gut full of fat in the way of completing full ROM.  HAHA!   Tried some toes-to-bars as well.  Abs were already sore, probably from core stabilization from doing so many push-ups on Monday (my chesticles are likewise very sore).

Sled was already easier than Monday; I was able to add 44 pounds to the last sprint, but my quads were on fire by the time I was done.  Very exciting.  No threat of vomit this time, but I am still just as tired.


4.23.14

DL (Plus 2 Red Bands) 5x247.5, 285; 6x322.5
Squat 200x5, 5
10 Sit-ups
Unloaded Sled Sprint
10 Toes-to Bars
+88lbs Sled Sprint
10 Sit-ups
+44lb Sled Sprint
5 Toes-to-Bars
5 Sit-ups
+44lb Sled Sprint



No comments:

Post a Comment