Monday, April 14, 2014

Home Gym, etc.



I installed the first part of a home gym today (the DL platform--pics forthcoming) and will be acquiring the squat rack, plates and a bar in the next couple of weeks (I also have a sled and a DL jack).  I am very excited.  About half of it is used equipment, the other half is from Rogue.  I have already canceled my membership with my gym, so I am 'all-in.'

I haven't been great at A, getting to the gym; or B, posting the workouts I HAVE completed.  I have been taking it easy and going light.  Here are the two most recent:


4.11.14

Squat 3x5@245
Press 3x5@145
Rows 3x5@210


4.14.14

DL 2x5@335
Bench 5x5@200
Chins 5x5

I am adding in Sled work to lose some excess fat and get my conditioning up in preparation for the Firefighter Physical Agility Test.  As a result, I am going to switch to Wendler's 5/3/1.  It was a quick read, and I think it was worth the $10 for the Kindle edition.  I also have looked into IIFYM for a diet plan, but I am not sure I am ready to pull the trigger on THAT much work just to watch what I eat.  I'll play it by ear and see how it goes with the sled work and 5/3/1.

All in all, I have a lot to be excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment