Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day of Firsts

Today was my first official workout in my new home gym.
It was awesome.  I loved the feeling of being able to go at my own pace, finish the sets, and not worry about anything else.


Today was my first workout of 5/3/1.
I think I am going to enjoy this.  Having more time and energy for assistance movements and conditioning is really nice.  I am glad I am not doing SS linear progressions right now because I really need to focus on what will best prepare me for the firefighting test.


Today was my first time curling in the squat rack.  [wink]
There was some wrist pain.  I will have to look into an EZ Curl bar.


Today was my first real sled workout.
While I tried it out a little a week ago, today was the first real programmed, loaded sled session.  I almost threw up!  HAHA!


4.22.14


Press:

2x10@45
5x65
5x95
5x107.5
5x125
8x140

BB Curls:

5x45
5x65
5x85

100 Push-ups broken up by sled sprints:

20 Push-ups
Unloaded Sled Sprint
20 Push-ups
+88lb. Sled Sprint
20 Push-ups
+44lb Sled Sprint
15 Push-ups
Unloaded Sled Sprint
15 Push-ups
10 Push-ups

Before my final sprint, I remembered that I bought a HR Monitor.  So I strapped that on, and before my last sprint it read 133 bpm, and at the end of the sprint it was at 158.  Just a little extra info for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment