Saturday, April 26, 2014

Late Night Workout



I wanted to spend time with the boys and my bride, so I postponed my workout until after bedtime.  It is nice to just walk out into the garage and workout whenever I please.  What was that?  Your gym close 10 minutes ago?  I know that feel, bro.

Since it was late, though, the more loud stuff had to be withheld, such as heavy shrugs not being plunked back down on the pins.  Also, the lateness, combined with working a 9 hour shift that started at 06:30, I didn't feel very strong in the Bench.  I only got six reps on the final set--should've gotten more.

I just did Bench and Chins, but I feel good about the workout nonetheless.

Chins went better than expected.  I added some band assisted reps as a burn-out at the end of the last set.  Gotta get my money's worth from the bands, right?  (Apologies to all you economics freaks out there: please ignore my quasi sunk-cost fallacy.)


4.26.14

Bench 152.5x5; 177.5x5; 200x6
Chins BWx5; +10#x5,5,5; -2Red Bands x 5
(The 5 reps with the bands came right after the last +10# set--no rest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment