Saturday, April 13, 2013

DL 1RM Test--Acceptable

I am continually amazed at how strange it feels to be caught between low expectations and high hopes.  Having "been there" and "done that" with these weights I am moving, I always hope that my strength losses are minimal--but having seen just how much I have lost, I don't expect much when I do something new.  This was my first DL 1RM test since coming back to the iron, and I was hoping for 405 (video of me hitting my PR of 455) but was psychologically prepped for 350.  I hit 315 and just went nuts and threw on 25s for an easy 365.  Put on 10s and had a difficult 385.  Could have probably tried 390 with success, but I wanted to be ready for squats afterward.
Curls hinted at the pain I used to get in my wrist--hopefully it is just in my head.

DL 1x385
Squat 3x5@240
Alternating Pull-ups and Curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment