Monday, April 8, 2013

Dissapointment

Well, despite a combined score of 194.12 out of 200 on the Firefighter exams, I will not be moving on to the next phase of the hiring process.  Military Veterans and Minneapolis residents get considerable point advantages, so I don't know if I would have made it if I had aced them both.  Who knows?  Needless to say, I am disappointed.  I will finish this round of SM and then decide what to do next, but I think I will probably re-focus on powerlifting.  I will probably keep some cardio in, though.  I'd rather not become a fat cow.

Today was squat 4s, with programming saying something lame and low.  I did 255x5, 4; 240x5.
I did some chins afterward.
Rows 3x5x160
P. Cleans 5x3x160


Unhappiness abounds.  Hopefully I have been consistent enough lately to stay motivated without the carrot of killing the firefighter physical exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment