Thursday, February 20, 2014

Three and Four

I have been trying to keep my social media footprint a little smaller day by day.  I need to focus on getting ready for the St. Paul firefighter exams and am too easily distracted.  EMT class is obviously my focus right now, but getting strong is also up there on the list.  So, for now, my blog will still be periodically updated and shared.

I feel good.  This deload has been good for me.  The belt and knee sleeves are helping, too.  High rep sets FEEL good, but I am afraid that will mean they don't DO any good.  "No pain...," as they say.

Still not sure if my belt is dialed in as far as what notch to use, and how to adjust my form, but I still feel good using it.

My first 20 Reps Press Sets were not successful, but I just over-estimated my abilities.
Bench 20s were the opposite: too easy on the first two sets, and just a touch easy on set three..  Friday will be Squat 20s.  Oh boy!

I am not sure if this high rep scheme will pay off, but I am mostly concerned with taking my time, keeping consistent, and staying injury free.


2.17.14

LBBS 5x5@230
Press 95x15; 85x16, 14
Rows 3x5@190


2.19.14

DL 2x5@330
Bench 3x20@135
Chins 8,8,7

No comments:

Post a Comment