Sunday, February 16, 2014

Aaaaand the Second.

40 plus days later, and I got my second workout of 2014 in.  Ugh.  Moving job locations and moving LIVING locations has proven to be detrimental to--well, everything.  Bought a new house.  Car died.  Bought a new car.  Ugh.  Been an eventful several weeks.

I got a belt and knee sleeves.  Jury is still out on if I like them (or if I am even wearing them correctly).  I found it HARDER to keep my back set with the belt on.  I loosened it one notch and it just felt like it was in the way.  I don't know if I just need to get used to it.

I am switching to more 5x5s and sets of 20 to get my endurance/fat burning up.  Firefighter Physical Agility Testing will be here before I know it, so I really need to get into the RIGHT kind of shape.

I am sore as heck right now--had two workouts last week (Thursday and Saturday) and DOMS are here with a vengeance.  I started low, too.


2.13.14

LBBS 5x5@225
Press 5x5@135
Rows 3x5@185


2.15.14

DL 2x5@325
Bench 3x225; 4x5@185
Chins 7, 8



I can't care about my 1200 goal right now.  That kind of strain on my body will just keep me in pain and not progressing towards the goals that will allow me to support my family.  When the snow is gone, I'll be adding stair runs to my DL days, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment