Friday, April 15, 2016

Press PRs: Three and One Rep Maximums

I missed the Press double @ 217.5 on Monday, so I decided to try again today... and what to you know, I got a TRIPLE for my troubles!
So, why not try for a new 1RM PR, while I am it? Don't mind if I do!


Upset that I failed on 217.5x2 4 days ago, I wanted to try again.  Rep 2 went up easily enough that I decided to go for 3... and GOT IT!

An impromptu 3RM at my previous 1RM meant I HAD to go for a 1RM PR, right?  Heck yes it did! Loaded 245 onto the bar (accidentally) did some quick math, realized my mistake (I wasn't getting 245 tonight, no way), and put 235 on, instead.  It was a perfect weight... just enough grind to be barely possible, without the doubt that I might have been able to do more - the perfect attempt at a true Max Single!

It was a good day for Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment